This alone, if nothing, is worth your memory. Ken Russell....
1. Did not die in hospital. He was at his home sleeping peacefully.
2. Had more than "one hit film".
3. Worked continually and prolifically in stage, photography, film, television, writing and journalism in a career spanning well over sixty years.
4. Was thee FIRST major Hollywood/ arthouse/mainstream artist to radically and intelligently challenge the Catholic Church. No one has come close since.
5. Broke down barriers for women, Gays, lesbians, bisexual, transgendered and straight people both on and behind the screen.
6. Uncredited major influence in The Cell, Black Swan, Amadeus, Immortal Beloved, Moulin Rouge and countless other films.
7. Disproportionately attacked by mainstream media and powerful critics who often claimed scenes existed that simply were not in his films.
8. Catalyst for sparking the revival of Edward Elgar.
9. Largely responsible for inaugurating the BBC as a (once anyway) world class creative force in the moving image.
10. Supported other artists throughout his entire career.
11. Only major Hollywood director to see a major Hollywood studio release banned for almost 40 decades in not only its original but it's edited form as well.
12. Was thee FIRST major Hollywood/ arthouse/mainstream artist to radically and intelligently mock Nazi Germany and Nazi sympathizers.
13. Pioneer of the big budget music video.
14. NOT THE END!