Friday, July 07, 2006

Sophia Loren and Italian Women Rule


England has always loved Sophia Loren and so have I. In one of Sophia's earliest films, 'The Gold of Naples', she plays a lusty, busty pizza-making gal who just can't keep her wedding ring on. The end sequence has her walking through her village in a rainstorm, soaked to the nines, as all the men drool and stare with respect as well as ardency. I think that's a keen modus operandi as long as you know it's just a movie and not to try it in the East End ;)
It's no surprise that she is doing the Pirelli calendar at 71 years old. No female star has come close to matching what she has and every men's magazine knows no other woman ever will.


For starters most well known sex symbols today are to synthetic and too trashy leaving no mystery.
Secondly all these workout low carb addicted actresses have turned the modern female torso into a weird washboard square with no waist to hip ratio, Sophia always embraced her natural hourglass shape. Watch 'It Started In Naples' and you'll see easily the most voluptuous and HEALTHY A-list star that Hollywood ever hired. Other films had her slimmer but it was when she could kick of her heels, eat pasta and be Italian that we, as an audience, feel like we are in Italy having fun with her.


But mainly she is an astonishingly talented actress and down to earth woman, winning two Oscars and yet still doing her own hair and nails each week. I'm so glad she's proved that you don't ever have to stop being sexy.
And I also appreciate how she's been openly disgusted at the raunchy Paris Hilton/Madonna (only half Italian btw) 'walk around being skanky because that's the only way to stay famous' culture. Mystery is key or to quote Sophia: 'Sex appeal is 50% what you've got and 50% what people think you've got.'
THANK YOU SOPHIA LOREN!!
I'm so proud to be Italian today.

10 Comments:

Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Hi Amanda,
I love her 50-50 quote! There's a role model for the rest of us!

Cheers,
AM

2:46 PM  
Blogger Metalchick said...

Hi Amanda,
Wow! I can't believe how fabulous Sophia Loren still looks! How does she do it?
That's true that today's sex symbols are fake. Imagine what they're gonna look like in the future! I should put up Pink's music video for her song "Stupid Girl's" in my video blog, because the ending is the perfect example of what Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson are gonna look like in the future.

2:22 AM  
Blogger Metalchick said...

I found the video! It's in my video blog if you want to see it, I also have added more cool Who videos as well.

2:57 AM  
Blogger ginab said...

Gawd I hate to be the spoiler, but it's hard on Portugal every time... where she was born and raised???? No Italian woman could match her, therefore; and no woman from any place (no how) else. beautiful! strong! (which comes first?)

a gift.

-g+bb

PS: I'm number 4 again!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Suesjoy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Suesjoy said...

Lusty and busty...hey that's me!!
:)
I'm proud to be (half) Italian!
I can't believe that I haven't seen any of her films. For shame.
(Ok I haven't seen her OLDER fillms, that is).
I really want to now -thanks for enlightening me.
I've always admired her.
Take care Amanda!
Sue Dxx

3:44 PM  
Blogger Suesjoy said...

Aw but she's not really Italian?
Is that true?

3:45 PM  
Blogger Super-Amanda said...

I know for a fact that Sofia Loren is from Italy, who just won the World Cup!

Hope eveyone like the 2nd chapter, it's up.

-Justine

11:35 PM  
Blogger ginab said...

I'm such a royal f-ing tit! I believed a jerk!!! A jerk with dumb information. It's no wonder Italy did win the world cup. For the egg on my face!!!

Still, no woman is more beautiful for sure. We all agree!!!

-g+bb

5:19 AM  
Blogger lryicsgrl said...

Sophia grew up in NAPLES, poor and skinny, as the story goes......I always adored her. I said this to you awhile back.....I used to wear my dad's giant white v-neck tees, which, would fall off both my tiny shoulders ( I was about 5 years old). I would speak in my own version of Italian. Hands gesticulating, and emoting some verbal onslaught...I was a big fan of the Late, late show, who apparently adored La Loren, never a shortage of her movies playing.......xxx

1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home