Thursday, August 03, 2006

Goodnight Kim


























Kim Kerrigan McLagen a sweet woman has passed away. In all the interviews I've ever seen of her she never seemed unkind or negative about enduring Hurricane Keith. After all these years I actually identify with and respect this beloved mother and wife more than the crazy talented Mad Moonie husband whom she left for a happier life. Oddly enough, I was named after her daughter Amanda. Thinking of how awful it must be for Mandy Moon, Ian McLagen and The Who and Small Faces families today-just no words other than the fact she's proof that you can be true to yourself. I look at the picture of Kim at her Austin, Texas skincare salon and she reminds me of my own Mom.
The sky in London cries today for easily the most beautiful girl of it's swinging sixties, just so incredibly sad but an amazing life nonetheless.

8 Comments:

Blogger Metalchick said...

Hi Amanda,
I read about what she went through in "Moon, the Life and Death of a Rock Legend." I'm amazed that she continued to love Keith after all that had happened.
She will be missed, but now she's with Keith again.

8:47 PM  
Blogger lryicsgrl said...

Amanda,
I too am touched by the memories of those that KNEW and loved Kim. By all accounts, she was a loving and nurturing soul. She was well respected in her community, and had many friends. I pray for Ian and her daughter, Mandy.
One of my dear friends, buried her "Daddy" today. Three grown women, all with husbands and children of their own, still referred to him this way. Seems as though it is "raining all over the world".

3:09 AM  
Blogger neilbymouth said...

Thats a lovely picture amanda, nice words too- this is terrible news, in a way i feel lucky (?) to have had at least a weeks warning when my mum died, the shock of something like this must be incredible, then again perhaps a very quick end no pain... its debatable all i know is that death is a ****,

9:05 AM  
Blogger Tausha71979 said...

Hi Sweets,

I did see the article via google. Very sad indeed, and I think that what you wrote here was so beautiful. I hope that you are well=)

Much Love,
Taushaxx

8:02 AM  
Blogger Anne-Marie said...

What a sweet tribute, Amanda. Too young and too sudden- what a devastating loss for he family and friends.

-AM

3:48 PM  
Blogger ginab said...

You know I'm at a loss for words. Loss seems the signifier to how we react or respond. I hope my lack of expression doesn't salt the karmic wave. Too young, too soon, loved and more...

-g+bb

4:16 AM  
Blogger Amanda and SuperAmanda™ said...

Thank you Mandy, thank you so much.
Love,
Amanda

8:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

She's really pretty.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home